- Dutch – native
- English – fluent
- French – fluent
- Afrikaans – fluent
- Owner of Vasch Aquaponics – since 2009
- R&D specialist in aquaponics and sustainable aquaculture.
- Consultant in aquaculture and aquaponics R&D, engineering, formation, business feasibility studies and project management (from scratch to operations).
- Focus on innovative development and adaptation of technological components.
- Owner of trout hatchery from 2010 to 2022
- Teacher at HTISA Gent (Belgium) – secondary technical school since 9/2019
- Electricity, Industrial techniques and IT in 5th, 6th and 7th grade: basic motor circuits, sensors, pneumatics, plc, …
- Development of in-school software.
- Operations & Project manager at Aqua4C (Belgium) from 10/2014 to 9/2019
Development and Project management of Aqua4C, the first sustainable fish farm in Europe (200T/y Omegabaars).
- Strong focus on development of new systems for watertreatment, feeding, heat recovery and purging systems.
- Coupling of industrial greenhouse-farm.
- Management of all technical aspects in the farm.
- Technical-Commercial responsible at machine & prototype-developer SMO in Eeklo (Belgium) from 05/2009 to 9/2014
- Projectmanagement: Full coordination and follow-up of projects in machine construction (budgeting, offers, customer communication, design and directing 3D & automation designers & construction, financial and technical project management)
- Responsible Automation department (electrical and PLC controls),
- Prototype development, including specialisation in scientific machines for Biology & Phenotyping
- Planning and organisation of technical service.
- Building customer relationships, commercial customer contact, customer prospecting, market research, marketing.
- Project Manager at DD Engineering in Ieper (Belgium) from 12/’07 to 04/’09.
- Full coordination and follow-up of mechanical & Automation engineering projects: budget, planning, task distribution, etc.,
- Creative cooperation in development and technical elaboration of prototypes,
- Planning and organisation of technical interventions on existing installations,
- Consultancy: process improvement in customer production lines,
- Customer relationships,
- Safety and CE analysis and certification.
- Service Manager at AF Belgium in Merelbeke (Belgium) from 10/’06 tot 11/’07. Industrial compressors.
- Head of Service After Sales,
- Project management compressed air systems,
- Planning and organisation of technical interventions on compressors and compressed air plants,
- Responsible over team of 8 technicians,
- Follow-up of contracts, stock management, purchasing, etc.
- Office Manager & Customer Relationship Manager Europe at TMS-Comtelco te Gent (Belgium) from 01/’04 to 09/’06 and
Technical Supervisor from 09/’01 to 12/’03.
- Legal representative Belgian headquarters,
- Local management of the Belgian subsidiary of Telephone Management Systems Ltd,
- Responsible for customer loyalty, sales and customer relations in Europe,
- Project-based monitoring of technical & commercial projects, .
- Management of technical department (IT): organisation and planning of support desk and installations,
- Management SLA’s and Technical projecting, Technical Sales support,
- IT responsible.
- Technical support engineer at Dicom Benelux in Mechelen (Belgium) from 01/’99 to 07/’01. (take-over Sercu Microdata) Document processing & storage solutions.
- Installation and maintenance of microfilm equipment, scanners, juke-boxes, etc. at customers’ premises,
- Technical planning, coordination and contract follow-up (SLA),
- Presales of microfilm equipment,
- System and network administrator, development of software systems for internal use and software support to customers.
- Technical support engineer and Creative manager at Sercu Microdata in Ardooie (Belgium) from 12/’92 to 01/’99.
- Installation and maintenance on all microfilm equipment at customers’ premises,
- Problem solver for technical and organisational problems: development of production processes and equipment adaptation in local service department and for customers.
- Very strongly self-taught & eager to learn
- Creative and very broad area of interest,
- People-oriented leadership & coaching.
- Strong problem solver,
- Customer focus,
- Broad knowledge of electromechanical techniques & components
- IT: PLC (Siemens, Phoenics Contact, …), C#, SQL, Web dev., , Graphical design (Autodesk Autocad & Inventor, Corel, …)
- Active musician:
- Singer-songwriter (Kalentijn.be)
- drummer in bluesband Solid-Jive
- Green gardener
- Techie and DIY’er
- Father of 3 young adults
- On request