Immerced in aquaponics
Aquaponics is a relatively new sustainable way for food production.
It combines hydroculture with aquaculture, whereby fishes produce the nutrients for the growth of the plants.
The system is known as one of the most environment-friendly systems for growing food.
Valentijn Schepens started with ‘Vasch aquaponics’ in 2009.
Since then, Vasch has been playing a leading role in aquaponics development and distribution of information in Europe.
Among the things that have been realised :
- 2010: kick-off of www.aquaponic.be, the Dutch aquaponics information site for hobbyists and professionals
- 2012: kick-off of the Dutch Aquaponics forum on www.aquaponicsforum.eu
- 2014: development of the Vasch bell-siphon
- 2014: partnership with Blue Acres (The Netherlands)
- 2015 partnership with Smart Farmers (Belgium) and Aquaponie Gérin
- 2016: kick-off of the European Aquaponics Webshop: www.aquaponicsshop.eu
- 2017: formation of Aquaponics Professionals, a consortium to offer professional services in AP
- 2018: partnership with De Groene Waters, as new sales point for aquaponicsshop.eu
- 2018: Official dealer for Uniseals
- 2018: part of the founding team of the European Aquaponics Association http://europeanaquaponicsassociation.org/
Vasch aquaponics is specialised in:
- Aquaponics consultancy for backyard, urban and professional systems
- Development of aquaponics specific systems and automation
- Sales of aquaponics related products
- Training via workshops and support in schools
- Networking and partnering with worldwide Aquaponics organisations